Monday, February 26, 2018

ONE DEEP RABBIT HOLE

I'm posting this again because I was in the mood to see it again. I wanted to return to that weird hypnotic vibe. It did not disappoint. This video is unreal in it's primitive organic weirdness. Here's text from the old post (definitely watch the video).:

The chance viewing of the video below put me in a hypnotic state, like some sort of voodoo. It changed my mood entirely. Then I realized that it's only part two of a nine part collection of this heretofore mysto-combo, Othar Turner's Rising Star Fife and Drum Band. There goes a good hunk of time. Further digging reveals that from a collection of 148 clips from the Alan Lomax Archive on YouTube, and that's just in the 1978: Mississippi Delta & Hill Country collection. There's several other collections too. So, I'm probably not coming back any time soon. But this one, whoa Jesus, after the first minute it started feeling like some sort of David Lynch thing. And it kept that feeling for the duration. 

The Alan Lomax Collection has is all. The vintage regional badass, the down in the bottom, and the weird. Just do a few random clicks and see if you come back.


Video:
Rising Star Fife & Drum Band at Othar Turner's farm (1978) Part 1, part 2 (above), part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7, part 8, part 9
Alan Lomax Collection at YouTube

No comments: