Tuesday, March 14, 2017

DANCE WITH THE DREAD THAT BROUGHT YOU

Back when I was twenty years old I knew very little about the different types of reggae. I knew I liked reggae, but I didn't have many friends who knew much about it, the internet didn't exist and there were few books on the subject in book stores or record stores other than Bab Marley bios, I had to go by gut instinct, what looked like it could be heavy, and the photo above of U Roy was all it took to take a chance on his Dread In A Babylon LP. I mean, look at it. "Three Little Birds" it ain't. That lead to road testing other reggae DJs, Two others among the earliest of my reggae albums were Big Youth's Hit the Road Jack LP, and Dr. Alimantado's Best Dressed Chicken in Town. I've been listening to all three for over half my life and they still never get old. Toe tippers start here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
U Roy - Dreadlocks Dread mp3 at Now That's What I Call Bullshit
Dr, Alimantado - I Killed the Barber mp3 at Now That's What I Call Bullshit
Big Youth - Hit the Road Jack mp3 at PashPash

No comments: