Wednesday, March 1, 2017

GOOD TIMES

The only thing that ever kept me from liking the Dead Kennedys was Jello Biafra's voice. I couldn't stand it. I can tolerate it now after years of hearing it, and gradually giving more weight to the songs themselves. It just hit me tonight that, rather than the punk downer protest songs that they are, these songs hit me as good time music. Forever linked to a span of about five years when it seemed everybody had them, and people were still making a sufficient amount of trouble, with these as part of the soundtrack.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dead Kennedys - California Über Alles mp3 at Margauxville Dig that drum sound
Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia mp3
at Killed By Death Go there to get it
Dead Kennedys - Police Truck mp3
at Killed By Death Ditto

No comments: