Sunday, March 26, 2017

MEME, CIRCA 1970

A few days ago I had an earwig, a song I just could not get out of my damn head. It's one you've heard before, I guarantee it. One of those songs people hate, but is near impossible to get out of your head once you hear it. I won't subject you to the title, because that would just set things off. When I get a song in my head like that, if listening to other music doesn't work, I just start singing random lyrics that I know. That always results in some songs that I hadn't thought about in years, but I might know some of the words. This time it happened to be "Cracklin' Rosie" by Neil Diamond. Where the fuck that came from, I have no idea. It's a cool-era Neil Diamond song, around 1970, back when he had a bunch of Top 40 hits. On most of them he was backed by the Wrecking Crew. Classic AM radio.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie mp3 at Cross Roads Duo (?)
Neil Diamond - Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon mp3 at Pensées en Images 
Neil Diamond - Holly Holy mp3 at Jon Grauer
Video:
Neil Diamond Parking Lot - Interviews with tailgating Neil Diamond fans at YouTube From the team that brought you Heavy Metal Parking Lot

No comments: