Wednesday, April 19, 2017

BLACK HOLE OF THE WEEK

Every once in a while I'll get in one of those moods when it all sounds good, all good music. Regardless of what type of music it is. It might be rockabilly one minute and afro-funk the next. It doesn't matter, it all sounds good. That type of mood lends itself to meandering. Usually it's a diversion of less than a half dozen songs, then back to what I was doing. No harm, no foul. But when that meandering lands me on a page as extensive as the Red Allen Index, I'm gone. I may not come up for air for a long while.

Read the intro on the home page to get the story about it. It's all soul and soul related genres, all the stuff Allen has posted on multiple sites over the past ten years, with audio. Deeper cuts, shit you probably haven't heard. The two below were my the first random selections. After that, it was all over. When you check his index pages, the links to the other pages of his index are at the bottom. Get lost.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
The Ramrods - Soul Express - Part 1 mp3 at Soul Detective
The Tikis - I Was Doin' Alright mp3 at The B Side

Visit:
The Red Kelly Index

No comments: