Saturday, April 1, 2017

STILL MADE THE ALMANAC

It's just insane how cheap rockabilly compilations have become. Actually, compilations of other types of old music too, but I bring up rockabilly because that's what I was listening to. It was Essential Rockabilly - The King Story, a budget compilation, two 2 CDs/40 songs for ten bucks. The thing smokes. And there's more in this rockabilly series, somewhere around ten or so, each for a different label, Columbia, Decca, RCA, Sun, and Imperial among them. Shit, add them to the list. I was listening to the King one, and "Guitar Playin' Fool" was blasting. It's a cool song, Teddy Humphries. I realized I didn't really know much about him, and I knew where to go, Rocky-52. Blow me down, I had no idea he was more of an r&b singer. That's cool. Even if "Guitar Pickin' Fool" was his lone rocker, it's rocker enough.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Teddy Humphries - Guitar Pickin' Fool mp3 at Rocky 52
Teddy Humphries - What Makes You So Tough mp3
at Rocky 52
Teddy Humphries - Firm Foundation mp3
at Rocky 52
Teddy Humphries - Theif In the Night mp3
at Rocky 52

No comments: