Tuesday, May 23, 2017

CRUNCHY RIFFS AND SHARPIE HAIR

I'm not exactly sure what to make of Amyl and the Sniffers and I'm not sure I want to dig too deep. Half the stuff I've heard of theirs is a promising racket, but I'm not quite sure what their thing is. A couple of them have those sharpie hair cuts, they have crunchy guitars, a singer who seems to be nodding towards Cherie Currie, a stupid name, short songs, cheaply produced recordings. If I didn't know better I'd swear they were a clueless 1979 era band trying to cash in on punk. Who cares. Even somewhat off they're a nice change.

It seems as though all of their music is downloads at Bandcamp, a buck a pop or "name your price" for the whole EP. . I haven't run into any physical project. I guess that would make it the ultimate low budget/DIY. "We made this on the cheap, you can pay what you want."

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Amyl and the Sniffers - Balaclava Lover Boogie
at BandCamp
The whole EP:
Amyl and the Sniffers - Big Attraction at BandCamp
Visit:
Amyl and the Sniffers on Facebook

No comments: