Saturday, August 19, 2017

IT'S ALL GOOD

I don't exactly know how I did it, but I ended up going from Jimmy McGriff to the Trashwomen in about thirty minutes of random browsing. That should tell you what my attention span is tonight. There's no way to retrace my steps, so you get the beginning, and the unlikely end.



Once you see the Trashwomen live clip you might wonder why I bothered with it. I'll just answer that one in advance. It's because the longer I watched the video, the more I was convinced that it would be really fun to hang in their van. Like a well worn Donnas. With much simpler surf-inflected licks, with an abundance of slop. And a few years on them. Rough years. But they make mince meat with a Don & Dewey cover, and that's worth a few beers right there.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jimmy McGriff - Something to Listen To mp3
at Groove Addict
Jimmy McGriff - Discotheque USA mp3 at Groove Addict
Jimmy McGriff - Funky Junk mp3
at Groove Addict This one has a lot of skips. I miss skipped records.
Jimmy McGriff - After Hours mp3
at Groove Addict
Video (totally unrelated):
The Trashwomen - Live at Burger Boogaloo at YouTube Full set, 2016

No comments: